Friday, August 19, 2011

To Blog or not to Blog



Well, it seems that blogging is not as popular as it was before Facebook. I am not saying everyone, but everyone on my list. None of them have blogged for quite some time, including ME.

So, I was wondering if it was something I wanted to keep doing. I keep in touch with everyone on Facebook. If I have any news I can put it there and more people will get the news than on my blog. I don't think a whole lot of people read my blog. Not that I blame them, it really isn't that interesting. So that brought my thinking right around to the fact that blogging was never for anyone else. It is an extension of my journaling. It is a little something for my grandchildren to read someday and enjoy getting to know their grandma. I made a book out of my blogs last December and gave each family a copy. I can do that again down the road.

I guess my opinion stems from the fact that I would absolutely LOVE to have words from my grandparents that I could read and get to know them better. My grandma meant the world to me. She was my idol. How valuable a blog book from her would have been!

SO, I guess I will keep it up. It may not be as often as I should, but whenever I have a little tidbit to put in, it will be Blogged.

2 comments:

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

Great idea of printing off the blog posts! I REALLY wish I had one of those from my grandparents....

Kristi said...

I am more of a bloge myself. I feel like on facebook when you post you are forcing people into seeing it, but of someone reade your blog it is becausethey want to.