I don't know how to describe the ache in my heart. It isn't necessary to feel this way. My brain tells me not to. My logic knows I don't need to. But when your child comes close to death your heart takes over your brain and logic. He is OKAY. But the fact that he could be the opposite has unsettled me.
My missionary son was hit by a car on Wednesday. He was riding his bike through an intersection and a man ran the stop sign and hit him. He was thrown up on the hood and windshield of the car. Then rolled off into the street among the traffic. But not only does my heart feel frozen from the fear, a bigger feeling of gratefulness is taking over. I will thank my Heavenly Father every day for the life of my son. Not only his life, but he is virtually unhurt. Just bruised. Really a miracle. So the ache isn't just from shock and fear, it is from love and thankfulness.
1 comment:
Holy cow! THAT is SUCH a miracle! HUGE blessing for sure..... I'm SO glad he is safe
Post a Comment