I have been trying to think how to express my thoughts lately. I have been going through a time of growing and stretching. BUT I am not good at expressing what I feel.
Then I was reading a book last night written by one of my top favorite authors, Richard Paul Evans, and there before my eyes were my very feelings written so well. SOOO
I am borrowing them. I am telling you that they are his words, so it shouldn't be illegal, but I am also at the same time stealing them. Here it is:
"There are moments in all lives, great and small, that we must trudge alone our forlorn roads into infinite wilderness, to endure our midnight hours of pain and sorrow--the
Gethsemane moments, when we are on our knees or backs, crying out to a universe that seems to have abandoned us.
These are the greatest of moments, where we show our souls.
These are our 'finest hours'. That these moments are given to us is neither accidental nor cruel. Without great mountains we cannot reach great heights. And we were born to reach great heights.
Every one of us is faced with a task to chip away at the stone of our own spirits creating a monument to light the universe. Our task will not be completed in our lifetime. And in the end we will find that we were never sculpting alone."
What I have learned from these words is:
1. We all have trials.
2. Trials make us grow.
3. We are carried by our Savior through it all. Anything is possible with His help.
1 comment:
LOVE this quote! So perfectly worded....
Post a Comment