Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dear Grandkids,

This blog is for you. Someday maybe you will be reading all of Grandma's old blogs back in the olden days. Maybe you will come upon this blog and maybe you will read it and find out that your Grandma has another side to her that maybe you don't know about.
Did you know that I was young like you are once. And I had a lot of the same feelings that you do. Times were different, but people aren't.
I met your Grandpa in High School. No, it wasn't love at first sight. In fact it took a while for us to appreciate what we now love about each other.
One of the things I always wanted more than anything else in the world was Grandchildren. I guess that meant I had to have children to get them. So I did. Now I have you and oh how precious you are to me. Besides the gospel and your grandpa you are the most important thing in the world to me. You see, I love children. When I was raising my own, I was too intense on making sure they turned out all right. But now I get to do it again right and do it a better way. I know you will turn out all right. You are beautiful, each one of you in your own special way. I marvel at how precious a soul that you are. I can hardly wait to see how you grow and change.
Anyway, when you read this some day, just know that I love you. In a special way. You are one of the lights in my life.
Love ya for all eternity,
Grandma

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I will be sure to show this to Dalley some day, He loves his nana too!