Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Judging.

Today the thing on my mind is how people judge each other. I hate it. Seriously, there is something to like about everyone. I mean everyone. But there is also something to criticize them about also. Some more than others. But don't you think the world would be a better place if we decided to look at the good in others rather than look for the things that we may not like.
I spent an hour with a friend yesterday who had some very ugly, viscious things to say about a family in our valley. If I tried to disagree or at least show her how she maybe needed to look at this family with a different perspective, she shot me down. She knew that they were this way and I was wrong. I have known this family for 20 years. They have some trials within their family, but they are good, honest people. They do their best with what they are given and what they DON"T need is someone looking at them with a microscope thinking they know better what they could be doing to make their life better.
What is more, this friend that was saying these things does not have a perfect family nor a perfect track record. I love her with all of her flaws. It is like the hymn we sometimes sing in church. "Once I said unto another, 'In thine eye there is a mote (a small particle). Hold and let me pull it out.' But I could not see it fairly, for my sight was very dim. When I came to see more clearly, in mine eye there was a beam (a large board)." Isn't that the truth. Or what about what Christ said, "He who is without sin may cast the first stone." I want to meet that person who has the right to cast the first stone because he is without sin.
Okay there, I have said it. Now I will step down from my soapbox.

No comments: