I remember the story that was always told at Christmas time about the young couple who had not been married very long and had no money for gifts for each other.
The girl had her long beautiful hair cut and sold so that she could buy her husband a new watch fob to go with his valuable watch that he loved so much.
Meanwhile he sold his watch to buy her some beautiful combs for her long beautiful hair.
Some advice I heard just the other day from a professional on the way to achieve a happy marriage was to wake up every morning with the thought in mind, "What can I do today to make him/her happy." I believe that.
So yesterday Rocky and I were returning home from a fabulous time we spent in Utah with two of our kids and their families. We had a few groceries and things we had bought. We had some luggage to be unpacked and put away. It wasn't late, but it wasn't early either. It has always been my job to put away the groceries so that I will be able to find them when I need them. I am totally okay with that plan. I am a little OCD and it keeps me sane.
It is always Rocky's job to unpack his own stuff and put it away.
WELL, without even checking with him, I decided to give him a break. I was busily unpacking his things and putting everything away. We had both brought in all the groceries and bags and things. He had gone out to check on his cows. I heard him come in and I knew he was putting away a few items that were his. But I finished my little act of love and went to finish my job only to find out that he had decided the same thing. He had put away all the groceries and had made sure that they were exactly where I would have put them so that I could find them.
This may not seem much to some people, but this meant the world to me. But I had to laugh. I was thinking of him and he was thinking of me. I guess that is what real love is.
1 comment:
How sweet! The perfect Valentines Day story :) I love those little moments when you feel SO truly loved....
Post a Comment