My guy is so funny sometimes.
He keeps me guessing.
All - the -time.
But yesterday I came home and he told me that he had washed the dishes.
Now my first thought was that he had used some and washed them. Okaaayy.
But, no, he had put the soap in the dishwasher and run a load.
Okay, let's back up. I have a little history here to divulge.
We haven't always had a dishwasher. Rocky always said we had five of them and didn't need another one. True. But not always efficient. But, I never pushed the point because we had an older home and it wasn't equipped for one. Connie gave me one a few years ago that we made work in our older home.
Now in Rocky's defense, he works very hard and very long hours. Back then he worked for the LDS Church ranch. It was sun-up to sun-down. Very physical work. So I didn't expect him to come home and do dishes. I didn't work out of the home at that time. It worked for us that way.
Well, when we moved to Hiko into a new home we had a dishwasher!! Yeah for me.
Now Rocky works full time for the State Highway and tries to keep a ranch going too. He doesn't have many hours of down time. So I still do the dishes. But having a dishwasher is great.
WELL, when I went to stay with Luke and Kayce when they had their first baby, we had lived in our home only 2 years. He hadn't learned to use the dishwasher, but I was gone.
He can run machinery of every kind very efficiently. In fact he is downright talented at it. But, I was gone and he had to clean up the kitchen and he gave the dishwasher a try.
When I got home he said, "Hon, there is something wrong with the dishwasher."
My heart sunk. My dishwasher had become a necessity to me. But I bit the bullet and looked in it to see what the problem might be. It was FULL of SUDS. No water could fit with all the soap suds. He had used dishwashing liquid. Not just ordinary dishwashing liquid. I had some concentrated kind that you only needed a drop or two in a sink full of water. He had filled up both soap dispensers in the dishwasher with this.
Well you can only imagine.
Well you can only imagine.
From that day forward he had told me that he doesn't dare use that machine. He is afraid of it. But finally this last time I went to Washington to visit Shawn I walked him through it. I showed him the proper soap. I hid all other kinds. He did good.
So back to yesterday. I am not gone. I had loaded the dishwasher and it was only half full so I thought dinner dishes would fit also and I planned on washing them after dinner last night.
So what got into him. I really don't know.
But I think he is cute and funny and I love how he keeps me guessing.
I LOVE that guy.
1 comment:
Ahhhhh.... That's SO sweet! I love surprises like that :) Well written!
Post a Comment