I just invited my granddaughter to read my blog. I hope that she is reading this. So I want to tell her what a special girl she is to me. I have only been present (in the room) when two of my grandchildren were born. Alyssa was the first one, and Ira the last. It was love at first sight when I first saw her. I was so touched to hold her so newly from heaven. We have been buddies ever since. We just click. My fondest memories of her are when her family lived in Hiko and I saw her a lot. She was not quite 4 when they moved. But when our house was just across the road from her, she used to make the trip over to visit me. (Remember she was just 3). Those are such sweet memories. When she was 4 she had an incident that changed her life forever. She nearly died and was diagnosed with Long QT. She had to have a pacemaker put in shortly after that. At the time she was so small and it was so big. One time I went to pick her up and I grabbed her by the waist which is right about where the pacemaker was. She said "Grandma, hasn't my Mom told you that you have to pick me up under my arms." (Again, she was just 4). But this is how she has treated her situation. She faces it and deals with it and goes on. She is one tough girl. Now her family lives so far away (Roy, Utah) that I see her rarely. I miss this girl. I look forward to every moment I can spend with her. I love you honey. Always know that.
Grandma
1 comment:
I love you. Grandma. Love alyssa
Post a Comment