Saturday, July 3, 2010

Alyssa

This is Alyssa, my 12 year old beautiful granddaughter. This isn't the best picture, but it's all I have right now that is current.
Alyssa is my kindred spirit. We have just clicked since she was born. She is one of the two grandchildren I have been present for their birth. I felt my mother's presence when she was born. Maybe my mother taught her all about me. Maybe this bonded us. All I know is this girl and I just click.
When Alyssa was four years old she was diagnosed with Long QT. It was discovered when she passed out for no reason. She has a pacemaker that she will live with for the rest of her life. She is one of the bravest girls I know. She is smart and funny and pure joy to be around.
Alyssa is a wonderful big sister. She cares for her two younger sisters and plays with them and seems to enjoy doing it.
When Alyssa was little, her family lived just across a dirt road on the ranch from us. She would love to come and visit me all by herself. She was such a funny little girl. She was such fun. She is very creative and easy to entertain. She loves to hear stories that I wrote in my journal. Whenever I stay at her house she asks for bedtime stories of our family. She especially likes ones about her Dad.
Funny Story: When her family moved this last time I was emailing her and asking her how she was doing. Did she have some new friends? Did she like school? What was her favorite subject? She wrote back and said that she had some friends and that school was okay. I think lunch was her favorite subject. And then she said, "One thing that I just don't like about school is learning. I don't like learning." I laughed and laughed about that. She is so funny.
Well, to sum it all up about Alyssa, she is bright, sunshine, funny, beautiful, sweet, loving, all that any grandmother would want in a granddaughter.
Love ya Alyssa,
Grandma

No comments: