Monday, January 24, 2011

What am I Doing?

My question today for myself is what am I doing with my life? Am I being productive? Or am I just existing? And what determines whether I am being productive and useful?
And then I remembered a Primary lesson I gave last week which taught the kids that they are all CHOICE spirits. We are all important to our Heavenly Father. We all have something we are here on earth to do. I KNOW that I came here to be the mother of FIVE of the most fantastic kids in the whole world. I think I did a pretty good job with raising them and doing my job despite the fact that I certainly made some mistakes. So is my job done? I mean I still have to be there for Ryan for a few more years as he completes his growing years and becomes an adult with a purpose and a family of his own. But then what? Am I done? Do I have anything more to contribute? I guess I already know the answer to that. No, I can still do a lot of good with my family. Being a support to them, and being a grandmother to their children. I guess my problem with that is that it isn't something I can get up every morning and know I have a job to do. It is sporadic really. So now my thoughts turn to what else I may be expected to do with my life. And then I remember other lessons I have taught. I need to reach out to those in my community, my neighbors, anyone I come in contact with. This is something I can do on a daily basis. So, I guess I will get up every morning and look for something productive and useful to do for someone. And I also know that some days that may be just being the best wife I can be. I can do that.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Well, I didn't realized I was done being raised. I still need you on a daily basis so i guess your job never will be done with me. If you get missing having kids around you can borrow Dalley whenever you would like.

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

Great thoughts. It really is important to look for others that might need our help too. It's SO hard not to go through the motions of life and forget there are others. I sometimes feel like a mole or something :) I forget to look above ground :)