Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Don't Know Whether to be Scared Or Mad

So I heard on the news this morning that the U.S. Government Health Department is changing the rules on us. They think that women 40-50 no longer need yearly mammograms. And women from 50-75 only need them every two years. They even stated that doctors no longer need to teach women to do self breast exams. A doctor was reporting this. A doctor for cancer and a woman. She said this is a big mistake and as far as doctors go there will still be the same standards as before. She also said that 45% of women who die from breast cancer are from 40 to 50 years old. If the government passes it's Health Care Bill, Doctors no longer will be able to make this call. And I believe the statistics for beating Breast Cancer will go down. Can we afford to let this happen?

No comments: