Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Why Is It.......

Why is it that every year more and more people are offended by Christmas? I was listening to the news this morning and there is an Elementary School Principal who does not want any sign of Christmas to be in their "Holiday" party. They cannot even use red and green paper. Heaven forbid that something MIGHT remind them of Christmas. Now I am all for letting others believe the way they want to. But why is it that they see the need to force their opinion on others. Especially elementary age children. My honest opinion is that if you don't believe in Christmas then don't celebrate it. And I also believe that if you don't believe in it don't expect others to quit celebrating it for you. AND there is nothing offensive in the least by any thing that has to do with Christmas. Just let us live the way we believe. And we will let you believe the way you want to.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

So to answer your questions, here is what I think:
1) The term is used by store owners to refer to the beginning of the period in which retailers go from being in the red to being in the black because of the high sales volume.

2)The white stripe indicates the species of skunk, not all skunks have a white stripe. Some have white spots and some have a split stripe.

3)I think all Chia pets are pretty nerdy so you would proabbly have to enjoy that sort of thing to want a ChiaObama

4)You don't necessarly die if you die in a dream, they say that if you have a traumatic dream it could cause a heart attack, but that isn't very likely. Some people believe that if you die in your dream it is just a sign that you need to stop a behavior.

5)Fax machines transmit graphic and text info through phone lines using a digital or analog scanner to convert the image into electrical signals that are transmitted by the phone lines to a recieving machine where it is converted back into an image.

6)It could have to do with the frequency that you use each light globe. Every time you turn a light on current surges through it causing a rapid change in heat and density. This causes the device to change rapidly. This change can fatigue the device and cause it to fail quicker.

7)I think that it might have to do with your septic tank leach line. If you have a highly permeable soil then the fliuds being leached can move rapidly through your soil fertilizing the areas that grow the plants well. It could also be other things like light exposure at the right times, but I am guessing it in some way relates to soil quality.

8)Everyone has dreams, some people just don't remember them. I think that it has to do with what stage in the sleep cycle you are in when you wake up that affects the recollection of your dreams.

9)I think it probably has something to do with your mood and it also could be affected by positive association.

10)Alzheimers is a form of dementia- Dementia is just an impairment of thinking and memory that interferes with a person's ability to function normally.
Alzheimers is one of the most common forms of dementia.

I think that does it.

Lynda said...

Wow. I am so impressed with your knowledge. I will not ever have another problem with wondering things. I will just ask you. So be ready when I get in one of these moods again.

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

I COMPLETELY agree with your thoughts on Christmas, Lynda. It DOES NOT bother me when somebody celebrates Hanukkah or Kwanza and I have NEVER asked them to keep their beliefs to themselves.... it baffles me that people get SO worked up over Christmas decorations