Monday, June 28, 2010

Crystal

Crystal, the beautiful sixteen-year-old girl in the back, is my oldest grandchild. She is intelligent, talented, beautiful inside and out.
Intelligent: She could read almost before she could walk. She has always been able to read well above her age level. She has read many, many, many books. Her grades in school are excellent.
Talented: She can play the piano beautifully. She plays the flute and is first chair, I believe, in her orchestra. She writes and her artwork is pretty good, too.
Beautiful inside and out: Crystal has always been a beautiful child. Of course, I am prejudice because I think she looks a lot like her Dad, my oldest son, who I think is a very good looking man. But the most beautiful thing about Crystal is her inner qualities. She is quiet, sweet, and a joy to be around. She is fun to play games with. She is always polite and respectful to people. I can't get enough of being around her. She always makes me happy.
One funny story: When she was little, maybe about 3 or 4, she and Rocky James, her brother, were staying with me. They were playing so good, so quiet, when I realized that quiet can be deceiving. So I went looking for them. They were in the back part of my house by the bedrooms. They had found some marking pens, thank goodness they were washable markers. They had written all over the walls and all over Rocky James. Me: Oh dear, who has done this? Crystal: Rocky did it. Me: Oh, I see, I wonder how Rocky was able to write all over his back. Crystal: :).
There is a whole lot I could write about Crystal. I have nothing but admiration for her. I love you sweetheart.
Grandma

No comments: