Wow. I just read an article that may have changed the way I think forever. I have been feeling confused by the gravity of being "busy". But then I read this:
Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin said, "I fear that we may feel the busier we are, the more important we are--as though our busyness defines our worth." And he said, "Being busy is not necessarily being spiritual-for in fact, noise and busyness can actually crowd out the still, small voice of the Spirit."
This article goes on to say that we should not be too busy to remember God, don't be too busy to include Christ in what we do, don't be too busy to meditate and ponder, and to not be in such a hurry to do everything. Of course there is more to be said about all of this. But it did make me think in a different direction than I have been. I was one guilty of thinking that being busy made a person more important or noteworthy. I am now totally sold on the fact that this is not true. I now believe in the merit of taking time to remember, ponder, and pray to God.
No comments:
Post a Comment