The main Dad I want to pay tribute to today is the Dad to my kids. He is the best choice I have ever made. In two days I will have spent 37 years as his wife. Each year is better. Each year I discover more about him that makes me realize how blessed I truly am. I have been sitting here as he talks to each of his kids on this special day. Words cannot express the love I feel for him in the way he counsels them and tells them he loves them and most of all tells them what terrific parents they are.
This does make me miss my Dad. It makes me yearn to see him and talk to him again. I know that day will come, but right now I have to be patient. I am so thankful for my knowledge of Heavenly Father's plan. And one of the main reasons I do know the things that I do is because of the great man, my father, who taught me all about it. It makes me want to live better so that I can be with him as well as my Father in Heaven and my Savior.
I do not have the gift of expression. I admire so much those who do. But this is my simple heartfelt tribute to the two most important father's in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment