Friday, February 19, 2010
Ode to Joy
I have been thinking about Joy today. Even the scriptures say that "Men are that they might have Joy." So why is it that we feel guilty if we have any? I find it interesting that some people feel very burdened with so much to do and so many calls for their time. It is like they can't feel right unless they can feel burdened. I guess my quirky personality (and it is quirky, I am aware of that)is one that if it isn't bringing me joy then maybe I need to analyze it and find out if I need to do it. Always keeping in mind however that Work and Service bring more Joy than laying around doing only what I want. But there does need to be a balance. You do need time to do the things you enjoy. You know, "All work and no Play". So it is a constant choice thing. But if you find Joy in just working your head off, then have at it. But don't complain. Have the Joy! It affects me to hear about it. It is like I am constantly turning on the lights in my life and trying to keep them on and some people just come along and keep turning them off. I don't want to hear how busy you are. I want to hear how happy you are. Well, there you have it. My humble opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment