Monday, April 23, 2012

Challenge "I"

The things that "I" love are:  Ice Cream, Indian Paintbrush, and Infants (you know, babies) But most of all I love IRA.

I LOVE Ice Cream.  Way too much.  In fact I have had to ban myself from buying it because if it is in the house I eat it.  I have one exception.  When Dustin is coming I always buy him Ice Cream, but I can resist eating it because I want him to have all he wants.  But I hate it when he leaves some because I eat it.  This happened about a week ago.  But I figure that since I don't have it very often then once in a while won't hurt.  After all I LOVE it.

Indian Paintbrush is a flower that grows wild in the Nevada deserts.  It is red and really brings some beauty to our desert.  On years that it grows best, which is a wet year ( I mean wet for Nevada) it is everywhere.  It decorates the side of the road.  It is a sturdy plant and a beautiful plant.  I really love it when Indian Paintbrush grows.

Infants.  I love babies.  I knew from a young age that I was cut out to be a mother and a grandmother.  And I could have been a really exceptionally good aunt if any of our family chose to live close enough for that to happen.  I love the innocence of babies.  I love their sweet smell.  I love their smiles and their coos and especially their laughs.  It is intoxicating.  I just love infants.

I am really, really mad at myself right now.  I was looking at a picture of my family and realized I had left one whose name started with "I" off my Challenge of things I love.  Ira Roger Hatch is very special to me.  He is my little buddy.  He lives so far away so I have gone several times to visit him and his family.  I get to stay in his room and he is in a big bed so we have shared the bed.  He is a joy to be around.  He loves to play with me.  He loves to sing.  He loves doing puzzles.  We just have a great time.  He is definitely the most important "I" that I LOVE.

1 comment:

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

I agree with all three of these :) You have a great list of 'I' items :)