Monday, January 25, 2010
I Am Jealous!
A big wave of jealousy hit me on Friday. Usually, I shove this kind of thing as far from me as I can. But it wouldn't budge that day. I am trying today to talk about it and then maybe it will go away. What am I jealous of? I am jealous because my husband spent an entire day with his parents and had a wonderful time. I yearn to spend time with mine. I am jealous because the ranch I live on has more memories of my Dad than I have and when I ride around it I can see that he was here and he was there and I really wish he were still here. I am jealous because I see people who can drop in on their parents anytime they need to and do. I haven't ever been able to do that. My mother has been gone since before I was married. BUT there are things that I am very blessed with that probably compensate more than I know. I have an awesome husband who is attentive to me and takes care of me and puts my needs before his own. I have good health. I have an awesome job. It is just enough to keep me occupied but not so much that it takes me away from anything important. I have some pretty awesome kids who are all very good to me. AND I have the most special grandchildren around. They truly are exceptional. What was I talking about? Oh yeah, I am truly blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for reminding me of that blessing.... it's amazing what we take advantage of and never realize what we have. If it makes you feel any better, I always felt that way with you! I felt like we were always welcome in your home and could drop in or spend time with you guys. Thank you.
Post a Comment