Okay, if you know me very well you will know how terrified I am of skunks. They don't have to be anywhere near me to totally freak me out. I guess it may come from having a very sensitive nose and a fear of smelling like a skunk forever. Then there is the fact that my dog thinks they are cats and if you know him he loves to chase kitties, and my dog is a HOUSE dog.
Anyway, back to the skunk fear. Well, Rocky likes to take me and we will go out in the field on the four wheeler at night and spotlight the deer. I just like to look at them. He likes to see if there are any big bucks in there. Well, one night we were out there and we saw a skunk. He wanted to go shoot it. He figures that will be one less skunk getting into stuff and stinking up my world. I pled and begged for him not to shoot that skunk with me with him. (I just know that if he does I will pay for days with the smell all over me even though he claims that doesn't happen.) Well he didn't shoot the skunk. But now when he asks me to go out with him to look at deer I always ask if he is going to be shooting skunks. He always says that he will be and he needs me to hold the light. So, alas, I no longer get to see deer at night. Darn skunks anyway.
The other night he went out and got a couple of skunks, but he said that he had seen four but he didn't have anyone's help so he could only get two. The very next morning when I was coming back from lifting weights (it is still dark at that time) there is a skunk right at my door. When he sees me he heads off to the field. So that night I told Rocky about seeing that skunk right at our door. He reminded me that he probably wouldn't have been on our door if I had gone with him the night before and he would have been able to get that skunk. I don't think that I will be hunting skunks regardless. The fear is still there.
1 comment:
I have the same fear of skunks! I just imagine endless baths in tomatoe juice and I shudder ;)
Post a Comment