Thursday, October 22, 2009
Well, That Is Creepy
I was a little disturbed by a phone call I got today. I did not answer the phone because it was not a number I recognized. I wasn't in the room where the answering machine is, but I heard someone leave a message. Well, I went in to see who the message was from. A man's voice came on and said "Your house is on fire" Then he laughed. Then he said "Jack is going to be mad at me." Then he just hung up. That doesn't sound like it was too bad, but I just thought it was kind of creepy. So I called the number and found out it was a company that I buy a product from. I really like the product, but they keep pestering me to buy more and I don't need more. They also want me to buy a warranty and I have told them I am not interested and they have had some salesmen that have been very rude. So when I found out that this was where the message was from, I asked for a manager. They put a manager on the line and she was appalled. She is going to try to find out who it was and someone may be losing their job. It is surely a crazy time when we can get so much creepiness from so many sources. We really need to be on our toes and making sure we don't let it in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That IS creepy! Why would you do something so weird while at work to a customer? How odd....
Post a Comment