Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's A Beautiful Day

Do you ever get up in the morning and just feel GREAT. Well that was this morning for me. I wonder if it has anything to do with going to bed early. And I slept so good. Also I was able to get my 3 bathrooms all clean AND get to work on time. That makes a beautiful day also.

An interesting thing came in the mail the other day. A letter saying we had won a sweepstakes for $248,000 and a check for $4,960.00. It said that we got the check to cover the taxes on the $248,000. BUT of course we were supposed to send them some money to pay the taxes. $3,640 to be exact. Now that looks like a fair deal doesn't it? NOT. I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole. I talked to the Credit Union to see what they make of it. They assured me that it was a scam and that if I sent the money I would lose it and the check would not clear. They suggested that I call the number and see what I can find out. So I called. Well a man with an Indian accent answered and proceeded to tell me that he could only talk to Rocky and if he told me anything he would lose his job and have to come and live with me. I guess he is a funny guy, but not in my book. Oh I forgot to mention one of the tip offs to a scam showed up in the fact that the check was from Greensboro, NC, the bank was in Pittsburgh, the head office is in Toronto Ontario, Canada, and the tax agent who I was supposed to send the money to is from Shadwell, England. WELL. Another thing that set up warning flags to me was the misspellings. Oh, and also I never entered a sweepstakes. And another thing, all of this was sent to my old Alamo address which I haven't had for five years. Oh and by the way it says they received my entry slip from the Government Lottery Office. What government? US, Canada, England??? That is confusing. Do people really fall for this stuff? WOW!

1 comment:

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

I REALLY hope nobody falls for it.... It would be REALLY sad if anyone lost $3,640